Saturday, December 1, 2007

Keeping Up The Miles

I am still plugging away and keeping my mileage relatively high. I met the BCRR group on Wednesday night for a tempoesque ( I like to make up words) 10 miles. The group did a loop around Rice to warm up and then went on to the bayou where the real fun started. I was told we may run into some construction on our way but that was a slight understatement. I found myself in the middle of a full construction site trudging along among cranes and other heavy machinery. The mud was thick in places which slowed us to a walk. I was definitely rethinking my choices at that point. We made our way out of the rubble and mud to end with a pretty good faster pace on solid ground for the rest of the workout. I enjoyed myself in the final miles and decided it was a quality workout worth returning for. The interesting scenery actually broke up the monotony of my normal ten milers.

When I woke the next morning my legs were not happy so I decided to save my 5 miler for that evening. I took Friday off and did my 18 or so today. I had originally planned to do 22 but was advised by our pacer (a very respected runner) to cut that back because I plan to run Sunmart next weekend. I am trying to make a real effort to have some self control and dial back the miles when appropriate. I still had a nagging feeling that I should have finished the whole 22 but I will have to just get over it. Now I must get going to a birthday party...

No comments: