Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back on Track (Sort Of)

I am back to running but I still feel tired and my cold seems to be hanging around. I ran 6 miles on the treadmill Thursday and 5 miles on Friday. This morning I did my long run with Kenyan Way and held on for 13.5 or so miles. I started with my regular group (3:15 pace group) and for some reason I just kept speeding up. Maybe it was the time off this week but my legs just wanted to go so I went with them. I saw the 3 hour group just ahead of me so I kept going and caught them. They of course were going a bit fast for me but I am stubborn so I stayed with them until we left memorial park. I lost them as we went on the River Oaks route. Every once in a while I would catch glimpses of them but I never caught up again. Oh well there is always next year. I really want to be that fast at some point but it seems that group fluctuates a lot. Sometimes there are a lot of people and then there are days when hardly anyone is there. I like running in a reliable group so who knows what will happen when I actually want to train for a faster marathon. I need people to push me on the long runs. I definitely don't feel ready for the marathon but for better or worse it is coming. Now I guess I need to taper. This has always been a tough thing for me but I am reducing my miles. I know I need to let myself heal so I am stronger for the task ahead.

3 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Tri-training said...

Sounds like your back. you'll do great.

Priscilla said...

Thanks guys...I hope I will be ready. I feel alot better this week.