Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hills, Hills, and More Hills

I had another hill workout this morning bright and early. I met the BCRR group for more garages at Mount Bacon. The smell was really strong this morning and it hit me at the worst possible time. Right as I got to floor 8 and felt like I was going to puke there was the smell of bacon in the air. Yuck, not what I needed. A great way to start the day. The workout was actually really good and I can feel myself improving. Only time will tell. After the marathon I think I am going to need a nice long rest. I can feel the burn out starting to creep in and it is getting harder to drag myself out of bed. For now I guess my hill workouts are almost at an end as I begin to add more speed. The other day Mike and I discussed the idea of running a marathon a month for the next few months and doing short runs on the off weekends. This sounds interesting but I don't think I could keep up the momentum in between races. Maybe in a few years I will give it a try that way I have something to shoot for. I also still have the goal of not returning to Boston until I qualify under the men's time for my age group (18-34). I have only one more year in this group so I would like to make it before April '09. Again only time will tell....

No comments: