Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Holiday Hustle

Well we are almost to the finish line as far as the holidays go. I am having trouble keeping up and I feel like it is the end of 26.2 miles or 26.2 days of hustling from one thing to the next. I think tonight was the last of the business related parties for me. Tomorrow my son has his 1st grade class party and that should be it. My family always gathers on Christmas Eve but that is very relaxed and we draw names so we don't have an overwhelming amount of relatives to buy for.
Today I only made it 5 miles of my scheduled 10 miler. I am not going to beat myself up over this because I feel like I need the rest. Either Saturday or Sunday I will do my last long run of 24 miles and then the taper begins. I feel like I need at least another month of quality training but that's usually how I feel this close to a marathon. I think this is amplified this year because I haven't completed a marathon in 2 years. The last time I got a PR in Austin '06 the year of the freeze. I think that was the coldest I have ever been on a run. I pretty much hauled it to the finish line to avoid frostbite.

No comments: