Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tapering

I suppose the resting phase has begun which leaves some of us with extra energy to burn. I decided to rent a pressure washer this weekend and clean our driveway and patio. Wow this job was really painful. I was so focused on getting done I didn't think about how achy my arms and back were until afterwards. I could barely move this morning and I was supposed to run for an hour. I skipped the run and ended up going at lunch. My back and arms still ache but I didn't notice it while I was running. The conditions were hot and humid and I was dreaming of cold weather for Sunday. I have decided to not get my hopes up for the marathon and just run how I feel. This will be my first marathon in two years so I would like to do better than the last one (3:29 in Austin '06). I think I can do that. I never seem to race well and so this year I am just going to enjoy it and see what happens. I hope everyone has a great run on Sunday!