Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Recap

OK so here is how the weekend went running wise and some other things. I went back to my favorite circuit class on Friday and it was more manageable. The focus was arms and I felt like I was completely weak after I finished the class but my arms felt OK the next day. There was also more sprint type running but only about a third of a mile as fast as possible. The trainer was timing us and I didn't realize it till after the fact. I forgot what my time was but he actually said good job so I guess it was respectable. I made the decision to skip the 8K in favor of a long run in Clear Lake. I met the group under the Kemah bridge and from there we ran the boardwalk and the Seabrook trails and then back over the bridge. I think we ended somewhere around 12-13 miles. My legs were shaky most of the time but I hung in there and was really tired that afternoon. After the group hit the Starbucks at the Boardwalk I went home to get ready for the closing ceremony of Marathon Kids. The family went to Barnett Stadium and the kids ran the last 600 meters of their 26.2 miles. The kids had fun running on the track with their friends from school and then we went to lunch afterwards. When we got back my legs were still hurting and I took a long and much needed nap. I haven't done that in a really long time. When I finally pulled myself out of bed Mike and I went to see Run Fatboy Run. That is the most hilarious movie! I highly recommend it. This was the perfect movie to me because it had quirky comedy and running. What more could you want? We laughed the whole way through. After the movie we went and filled up on yummy Mexican food and margaritas. Needless to say I could not get up this morning for an early run so I will probably go out in a little while for maybe 5 miles. Hope my 6 readers had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Way to go on the run this weekend. 12-13 when you're still building back up fitness is definitely draining. Not to mention the humidity was pretty hefty on Saturday morning.

Way to go. We'll be going to see Run Fatboy Run soon, I hope. looks very funny. Glad to get a review on it. :)

Pony and Petey said...

If I'm included in that list of 6 readers, then I DID have a great weekend!

My hubby and I along with my brother and his wife went to Austin where my brother and I ran the Cap 10k.

We ate out twice with yummy food and walked around quite a bit sight-seeing and stuff.

Thanks for the movie review... sounds like a fun one!