Sunday, March 16, 2008

Seabrook Lucky Trails Half

Today was my attempt at a longer speed workout. Things turned out pretty much how I expected they would. My time was 1:40:33 (my goal was anything under 1:40). So I missed my goal by 30+ seconds but it was warm and there was alot of wind in some areas of the course. This is always a really challenging run for me and I did better my time by 20 minutes from the last time. This race is unique with awards also because the top three overall get nice plaques and then they also give 10 year age group awards. I ended up third female overall so I got to bring home something nice for the awards shelf which is always fun. Afterwards I got to eat some really good food and watch the marathoners finish. The guy who won the marathon blazed the course in 2:38. He was so fast for that race that most spectators didn't even realize he was finishing (they thought maybe he was on a relay team or something). Truly amazing especially considering it is a trail marathon and four loops with windy conditions. I think most people had a pretty good day and I would recommend this race if you are looking for something different.

2 comments:

AtlantaMom said...

Congrats! You should feel so proud. I have never run a half - not sure if I could. In fact, I've never run more than 5-6 miles ever.

I aspire to have your ability.

Priscilla said...

Thanks!!