Saturday, February 2, 2008

My First 5K in a Long Time

I can't actually remember how long it has been since my last 5K. Anyway I decided it was time to get some speed back into my routine. I entered the Galloway 5K at the Kemah Boardwalk at the last minute in an effort to pep up my training schedule. The race turned out to be better than expected. I came in at 20:39 which was good enough for first in my age group. The lead girls were in sight the whole time but unfortunately I had no kick whatsoever at the end. I was happy to just coast in behind them. This gives me hope that with some speed work I may go under 20 sometime before the marathon season starts again in the fall. I guess after Surfside I can focus my attention on that goal. The race was very well organized with lots of family activities. My kids ran the 5K and had a blast doing arts and crafts at the post race party. Definately fun for the whole family. Well I must get to bed as I have a long run in the morning.

6 comments:

Junie B said...

it was super duper great to meet you!!!

Priscilla said...

Thanks, it was so nice to meet you also. I will look for you on the roads!

Steve Bezner said...

dang, your FAST!!!

Gaslight ;-) said...

Great job, Priscilla!
Is that a PR for you?

Priscilla said...

Thanks! That was close, I think my PR is 20:30 or so. I keep chasing the sub 20 time.

AtlantaMom said...

WOW! Congrats on a great time. I aspire to time like that.