Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rest & A Neighborhood Run

I am pretty much in resting mode right now and focusing on things like work. I was also volunteered to be the race director for a 5K at the University of Houston Clear Lake on February 24th (more details can be found at www.clearlakearea.com and click on community events tab). I hope we have a good turnout since it is the first year so there will be some bumps in the road. I completely appreciate what race directors go through now. I was so oblivious to all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. Man I will be glad to leave February behind!

Anyway I did an easy 4 miler yesterday and absolutely nothing today. Tomorrow I plan to run with the Clear Lake group for 5-7 miles and then maybe just call it a week. I guess I should be nervous about Surfside on Saturday but I am just hoping to have an enjoyable time and some good food afterwards.

3 comments:

Junie B said...

good luck!! you know about a week after houston i looked to see about Surfside (I ran the 1/2 last year after the full in HOuston)...but it was sold out this year...

Junie B said...

I hope today went well and that the BBQ was just as good as last year!!

Priscilla said...

Well, you aren't the only one that caught the crud. My husband woke up still sick and I have definately felt better so we skipped the run. Luckily we feel much better now. Maybe I can taste the BBQ next year. Thanks for checking up!