Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More Running

I thought I should update my blog and hopefully I can stay awake at my computer. Today was not fun but a good solid workout. Tuesday always kicks my butt. Anyway I got in 10 quality miles today and hopefully I can get myself out of bed tomorrow for another 12 or so. I thought it was supposed to rain today, let's hope it stays dry tomorrow. I am thinking of doing a 10K this weekend for a little speed work. I don't even think I know how to run a 10K at this point. Most likely I will just go out at marathon pace and end up with a really sucky 10K time. I guess a good goal would be 30 seconds or so faster than marathon pace? Who knows, perhaps just find someone I know has a decent time for that distance and try to hold on to them as long as possible. Sounds good to me.

Something else I was thinking about today. I realized my PR marathon was the first and only marathon I listened to music the whole time. I regret not doing this in Houston. The music helps me get in a zone and just stay in my own world. I really hate to hear breathing and stomping during a race(my own or others). I am getting my music together for Surfside and I hope it helps not only with drowning out the breathing but taking my mind off the wind and sand in my face.

No comments: