Friday, February 15, 2008

Missed Marathon

I suppose I should update my three readers on the Surfside that was not to be. I woke up last weekend feeling much less than 100%. Mike was still sick from the previous week so we were thinking maybe this marathon thing was a bad idea. The temperature pretty much sealed the deal with a reading of 60 degrees at 4:40 am. So we ditched the marathon death march for a nice relaxing breakfast at La Madeline's. Definately much more enjoyable! So anyway now my schedule will consist of shorter faster training in hopes that I can improve my half marathon, 10 K and 5K times. I really like the half so much better, but I guess most sane people do. Not that I am sane but either way I really look forward to the shorter runs. Next up will be Rodeo Run. This will be a first for me and it should be interesting.



Here at the homefront I am trying to wrap up the last minute details before my race next weekend. I will insert one more link for those who missed the last one http://www.clearlakearea.com/. I am also going to be helping out with the school 5K on Sunday so I can learn the ropes for next year. I think that will be a much less stressful race to direct with no sponsors to find and endless pavement pounding to get people to sign up. Soccer starts for the kids week after next so my Saturday racing options will be limited. That is my life for now.

3 comments:

AtlantaMom said...

4 readers!

Junie B said...

aww.. dang girl! I have been checking back to see your report! but i SO agree that you made the right decision!!

hope to see you at the rodeo run!

Gaslight ;-) said...

Surely you have the Bayou City Classic penciled in, right?
Park 2 Park was fun - we missed you!