Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Little Speed

Yesterday I did a speed workout on the treadmill at the YMCA. The schedule for today consisted of 400's in 1:20 or so. Actually I got on the treadmill and after a mile of warmup I punched it up to 6:03 and just told myself to run until I got in a quarter mile then I jogged for a quarter and went again at the same speed for another quarter. I like to make up workouts as I go along. This is not at all scientific but it beats the boredom that usually sets in when I follow a real schedule. Things just go better for me this way so I follow the flow. I guess I got in 6 fast reps and then decided it was time to get the kids and go home for dinner. The treadmill gave me a headache but I know it will pay off. I will try to go faster or add incline once I reach 8 to 10 reps. Maybe....

Today I met the Clear Lake group for 5 miles from Kroger. This was a relaxed run for me as my legs are sore from yesterday. I guess it has been awhile since I did speed work so I shouldn't be too surprised. This weekend I think I will run the Race Against Violence 5K on Saturday. I have wanted to run this for several years but have never had the opportunity. I volunteered for the Women's Center in college and am amazed with the strong talented women they have on their staff that deal with tough situations everyday. Anyway have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Crosstrain said...

Sorry I did not pick up on the UHCL run you are directing on Sunday. I did not hear about it until this weekend and already had made other commitments for Sunday. It is such a full running period. We like to support local races. Congratulations on your very fine running.