Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Run, a Race and Another Monday

I met the Clear Lake girls for a 9 miler on Saturday that turned out to be a tough run for me. We started at the Kemah bridge and then headed for the Seabrook trails. The good conversation was all that got me through. I try to make it a policy to never discuss politics but I was glad for the distraction and debating. Actually we all agreed on this subject so there was not really too much to debate but it is always interesting to hear another angle on the world. Anyway it was humid and I swallowed some unknown bug at mile 6 or so. Wow that was fun. I hacked up a lung and then got through the rest of the run with no other problems. We went to Starbucks to relax and of course get some major gabbing in. I think this is definately my favorite part of running. I have met a bunch of really nice people in the 5 years I have been attempting this sport. This is what keeps me getting out there. Sunday was the school fun run which was a blast. There was a 1.3 K and a 5K race and of course my kids did the 5K. They are inching closer to finishing their miles for Marathon Kids. I think they have 6 miles to go. My daughter was first in her group (2nd grade girls) and my son was 1st in his group (1st grade boys). We let the kids decide where to go for dinner and after I helped clean up we headed to Pei Wei.

Today was rather uneventful with catching up on work and a quick 5 miler around the neighborhood. Now maybe I can race to the gym for some much needed core work.

No comments: