Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Good Workout

I like class at the gym. When asked how many miles I run before class I answer only three. To the more serious running and racing people it is only three. The gym crowd looks at me like I run a marathon and then come to class which they think is an amazing accomplishment. I guess it is all relative. Many of my group there hate to run so I am bordering on professional to them. This can make you feel good. Anyway I did my faster three and felt good. I then went out to the field where the class was meeting. I was told to grab hand weights and bring those with me. The group was doing push ups, rows, and sit ups. When you finished twenty of each exercise you would run around the track and get your time called out when you finished one lap. When you started you were given a time to meet or beat. I had time for two laps and on the first I beat the time I was given which was three minutes. I did 2:45 on the first and 3:08 on the second. I felt like crap after the laps. The distance was just under a half mile. Not sure exactly. After each lap we would go back and continue more rounds of the exercises. When this was over we went inside to continue more weights. I am tired but this was a good workout. Time for cookies!!

No comments: