Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moving On, Something Funny & Races

Sorry for yesterday's post. Maybe it went unread or unnoticed but I spoke of Sunday as "today" on Monday. The days go by way too fast for me lately. Anyway I went to my class at the gym yesterday and found out the trainer will be leaving the Y for a better job. He is moving on to take a job as a corporate trainer for Chevron. A much better opportunity for him but we will miss the hard workouts. I guess I will just have to get used to the new trainer or do the workouts on my own. Of course I am sure I will not work as hard as when I am in a group so that does suck. I was in a yucky mood after hearing that news and I went home to work. I found the video clip of Tina Fey on SNL as Palin and that instantly had me laughing despite my mood. She really nails the corny, cutesy, clueless quality of Palin. I watched the debate skit and the Katie Couric interview which were soooo funny. Definitely worth a watch. I have been debating about running the 10 miler this weekend but so far I am leaning toward not doing it. The weather never fails to be horrible and I always regret going. I think I will instead opt for 16 miles in the park and through River Oaks. I am sure that will be more to my liking. The next race up will be the Houston Half if the weather is favorable.

No comments: