Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Gym and Soccer Practice Running

Lately I have been either at the gym on the treadmill or running with Lucy (black lab that adopted us) while the kids are at soccer practice. Today I did my regular fast 3 miles at the gym during lunch. This week I have increased the speed yet again. I am still trying to adjust to the change but it is getting manageable. Hopefully a 5K will be in my future next weekend so I can figure out what the heck my VDOT is. I am ever so curious what my marathon pace should be. Thus far I have just guessed about the shape I am in based on my long run. Anyway my second run of the day was with Lucy at her pace of 11:30-12 min miles. She can go 2.5 - 3 miles at this point and it seems she is getting faster. Today when I stopped to give her a walk break she wanted to keep up the pace so we kept running steady. She is the best dog ever and such a good running friend even if we are very different paces.

No comments: