Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Hills and Rain

I ran the parking garages again this morning in some really wonderful Houston weather. I guess I should be glad it wasn't pouring rain but it seems the warm weather is showing itself again. Not too much to write about lately just trying to keep up the training and getting back to the gym after a long layoff. When I went to the Y yesterday morning I attempted to log on to the electronic weight system they use and it said I had been terminated as a user. I had to find a trainer and re register. Man I didn't realize it had been that long, I guess I have been slacking in that area.

Now I am looking forward to my next marathon on February 9th in Surfside. I feel pretty good with Houston behind me and my legs seem ready to go again. I was tired at the end of our hill repeats today but the pace was a little faster than usual. I didn't do much recovery running after the uphills like I usually do and I had to just push myself to finish. All in all it was a productive workout and I know I have faster marathon times waiting for me. I would love to be able to get a fast enough time this year to qualify for New York without the lottery( 3:23 for my age female). I would like that to be my next traveling run. I must go now, hope everyone has a great night!

1 comment:

little ol me said...

Good luck with the marathong! Great goal. I hope I can get that fast someday :)