Monday, June 2, 2008

Back to Blogging

I guess I have sort of fallen off the wagon as far as blogging goes. I really have no main focus to my training lately except to actually run most days. I showed up for the Bayou City run yesterday and did pretty decently for the heat. I really just want to make it through these hot runs right now and not beat myself up about pace. The treadmill is where I try to keep the pace below 8 min miles so that this will become my all day pace and will be doable in a marathon around December or January. I have had some individuals attempt to lobby for San Antonio but I just think it is too much of a gamble. Some times the weather is pleasant but more often it is way too warm being early November. It is usually the weekend summer tries to make one last appearance. I liken this race to the Space City 10 miler which you know is always going to be miserable. I have pretty much given up on that event. Gone are the days when I show up to a death march. Anyway summer is here and now I just have to deal. The instructor in my circuit class has become fond of dragging us out to the dirt track at 4:30 pm for 12 minutes of sprinting during which I think my head will explode. I know it is only 12 minutes but man it hurts. So anyway onward and upward or something positive.

1 comment:

Pony and Petey said...

Glad you're back to blogging = )

Now's the time all runners get creative to get in a good workout!