Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Monday

So we arrive at another Monday. Mine started busy and has now slowed a bit so I decided to update my 3 readers about my latest running happenings. Not much very thrilling though I made it to yet another long run yesterday which is really good considering my record lately. The long run was fine for about 5 miles then I started to hurt. Around 8 miles I wanted to give up and walk which is what I did for a bit. A fellow BCRRer came upon me and encouraged me to jog for a little while after this we picked up the pace for a few telephone poles and then had another recovery. This is how it went until we made it back to the 0 mark and I felt pretty good about my effort on the hard repeats. The heat really got me but I will keep fighting my way through and hopefully come out stronger and faster when the cool weather arrives.

This morning I ran while my daughter rode her bike. The bike seems to be her new found passion in life. We started at about an 8 min mile and brought it down to 6:30 at the end so this was a pretty good workout for the both of us. She got some good practice for her upcoming kids tri on the 28th. I printed out a schedule for her and tonight we will head for the neighborhood pool after I pick them up. She will have to be able to swim 50 meters without stopping then bike 1 mile and run a quarter mile. The biking and running will be no problem and we are currently working on the swimming. She is so excited and thought it was really cool that you get to write your number on your arms.

1 comment:

Junie B said...

I just love your daughter! So excited shes doing a tri!!!

tiny frog (fka June)