Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Bear Miles


Last night I went for my longest Bear run so far. Bear is our mini schnauzer/griffon (like Star Wars ewok) new doggie. He is the best but he thinks he is a rough and tough big guy. This evidently got him into trouble because the vet told us at his first appointment that he had been in a dog fight. When we got him from the rescue we were told he had early cataracts but really he had been wounded in some type of attack. He also had sore ribs according to the vet. He is fine now but still acts like he is the boss when he sees other dogs regardless of their size. Another thing I find interesting is that when running he has to be just a step ahead of me. I know the feeling:) Since his running career has started Bear has gotten a crazy amount of energy, he cannot contain himself when he sees the leash come out. I guess he is hooked, which is good because it keeps me from skipping runs. Along those lines with so many skipped runs this year I am still on the fence about Sunday. Let's hope the running gods are with me this weekend, I need all the help I can get!

No comments: