Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Race and Other Stuff

I actually ran a race recently and was happy with my time. The Ten for Texas was held later this year due to the hurricane. Last year I ran slower but placed better and this year the reverse happened. I ran a 1:10 and placed 4th in my age group this is a two minute PR for me so I can't really complain. There were lots of fast girls there so I knew I had some work to do. Erin sped by at mile 4 looking great and I never saw her again until I crossed the finish. Some of the others I was able to reel back in all the way to the last mile. Anyway it was a good race with lots of food after. On Tuesday I started feeling yucky and went to bed at 3 in the afternoon. Wednesday I went to the doctor and found out I had strep throat and then went straight home to bed again. This morning I felt much better but my throat still hurts. I am thinking more rest is in order this afternoon. I hope I can still do a long run this weekend, I need at least 17 miles.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Way to go on a PR over 10-miles. 1:10 is a great time.

Hope you get to feeling better soon and can get out for some running. Take care, and see ya out on the roads!

Robert said...

Congratulations!
Looking forward to you visiting my blog and possibly becoming a follower :)
God bless you.