Sunday, September 21, 2008

The First Post Ike Long Run

I ran at Memorial park for the first time since the storm. I arrived about 10 till 6 and the place was pitch black and almost deserted, very strange. There was only one stretch of the trail lit which really made me uneasy. Against my better judgement I set off to do my loop before meeting Bayou City at 6:30. I got about half a mile and I felt like turning around as I kept seeing things in the shadows and I thought I may misstep and break an ankle. I kept going and came upon other runners with flashlights (something I will bring next week). I tagged along and made it through unscathed thankfully. The rest of the run went well and was spent mostly discussing who had power and who was still without. I was really tired at the end but I made it through between 14 or 15 miles (not sure watch flaked after first three). I will keep it there for another two weeks or so and then move on to 16 or so. I felt better than expected after. When we got home from church I took a much needed nap while the kids watched Harry Potter. I will be back to the gym the rest of the week.

No comments: