Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wii Fit Running

Our family decided to get on board with the Wii Fit trend even if a little late. I of course had to try out the running as my first activity. Oh let me back up I had to do my fitness test and get my Wii Fit age and BMI. Wow I am 47 with a BMI of 20, yikes. Anyway after a few more tests it seems for all of us the Wii added 12 years to your real age. So I get over this and go for a short run. With this activity you do not use the balance board you just run in place for around half a mile. The more you workout you unlock more activities. I am now at the longer runs (a few miles) and I have wised up and gotten on the treadmill while I do these. The running in place was not working for me and it killed my calves. I really like the Yoga and strength exercises and the kids love the balance games and running. Of course I like running outside better but lately with work there is just little opportunity.

3 comments:

Pooya said...

hi
my name is pooya
i want to ask a question about wii fit running

i saw a video on youtube. i really liked the running game
how does it work? should i use the remote for simulating the running? i mean should i shake my hands to simulate running?
and can it be used on a threadmill?
i am a sports MSc student and i want to buy a wii and a wii fit to work on my thesis. please tell me how does it work? and what is the exact game name?

Priscilla said...

The Wii fit running is best on a treadmill in my opinion. I tried it on the carpet at home and it felt unnatural and it killed my lower legs. The running section is accessed by going to the aerobic workouts and choosing run. The more you do the workout the longer runs become avaliable to pick from the menu. In the beginning you have access to only one mile then you can move up to free run and go longer. I gave up on this and just run outside now.

Welshgadgets said...

It is actually good fun, though as Priscilla says it can feel a little unnatural.

My main problems was I used it in bare feet and it really hurt the arches of my feet initially after doing any long run on wii fit.

How you run is down to you - you just put the remote in your hand or pocket and it picks up your run,

Amazing little thing :)
Neil