Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sunday Long Run

Another weekend and another long run. This weekend was harder than last week. During the first couple of miles I felt like the heat was just sitting on my shoulders and I couldn't get enough air in my lungs. I thought I would be spent after 4 miles and at any minute the group was going to swallow me up. Despite this drowning feeling I survived and kept my pace steady with no one swooshing past. I am driving onward to my goal and the pace is going to have to get faster. For now 7:45 average will do and I can't imagine doing better until the end of the summer. Today I will speed up my treadmill workout which is starting to show results. I really enjoy seeing how fast I can go and getting in a few extra miles but not having to run more than 25 minutes. People keep asking what my next event will be. I am thinking of running Maribelle's 5K which is close to home and then perhaps a 5K or 10K in September. The main focus remains Houston marathon.

1 comment:

Junie B said...

hey shoot me an email when you get a chance.

txmusicbug@yahoo.com