Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Post & Parking Garages

This is a day of firsts for me. I have been an avid reader of several running blogs for the past year or so and have thought about starting my own from time to time. Today is a good as any to start so here I am. I am currently training for the Houston Marathon and hopefully a new PR for this distance. I have been training with several groups in the area including Bayou City Road Runners and Kenyan Way. Both are excellent groups and have really helped me stay on track toward my goal. Hopefully this blog will also keep me accountable and help me get out the door when I would rather turn off the alarm clock. So now the fun begins...

Today was my first hill workout in at least 2 months. I met the Bayou City group at the park to run parking garages. My alarm failed to go off this morning so I had exactly 5 minutes to dress and be on my way. What a great way to start the day. So for better or worse I made it to the 0 marker at the park and we were off to the garages. The worse is what I got for todays workout. I definately was not expecting this to be as difficult as it turned out to be. This was a good kick in the butt for meand I got in 10 miles for the day. I suppose I will have to put this in my weekly rotation.

Have a great night!

No comments: